Hello, guys, so I asked people to send me blogging/business related questions on Instagram yesterday. Here are selected questions I haven’t really answered to in the past or directly. Most people asked similar questions, so I’ve just pick one to answer people with the common question….SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE Q & A!
What I am wearing: Pant – wearall | Top – wearall | Heels – Primark | Bag – Gift
- Question (@_theunapologetic): How much does blog customisation cost and how can it be done?
– I will assume what you mean by “Blog customisation” is the theme I use. Well, I got mine on Pipdig and it was around £29 then. It really easy to install your blog theme yourself when you have a self-hosted website. It is pretty straight-forward. You download, install and activate. But, if your blog isn’t self-hosted, I am guessing you will have to contact WordPress or so. Please do your research on this for non-self-hosted blog users.
- Question (@hodhenliaden): Do you ever feel you’re held back in your career by the color of your skin or your faith? How do you overcome that and don’t let it stop you?
– I would lie if I say NO but then, I don’t dwell on it so that I wouldn’t overthink things. My best advice is to ignore the thoughts. Most of the time as a person of color, we shut ourselves down even before people shut us down. As long as no one is directly rude or disrespectful to you, I think you should just go on with your daily/normal routines.
- Question (@noka___a): How do you approach brands and get them to work with you when you don’t have thousands of followers on Instagram?
– First of all, I tell people to put themselves in place of the brands they want to visit. Firstly, if you don’t have more followers than the brands you are approaching, you practically have fewer chances to be considered because as a business person, they are thinking how will you get them the exposure they want when you don’t even have high numbers as them. So, approach brands wisely that can actually gain exposure from you. Brands with higher numbers will approach you cos they know exactly why and what they are looking to gain from you but small brands mostly work with numbers.
I would advise when approaching brands, Introduce yourself, your blog and attach along your media kit containing all your statistics and testimonials of brands you’ve worked with in the past.
- Question (@maya_habiba_1): How do I start a blog off to be a good blogger?
– I launched a whole E-book on “How to kick-start and manage your blog like a boss” which contains all the information you need. You can check it out here.
- Question (@limitlessbloom): Can you talk a bit about website SEO?
– SEO is an entire now long topic which I can write a separate entire post on it. But, I know YOAST SEO is the best plugin for WordPress users (SEO post coming on the blog soon)
- Question (@limzoflife): I would love to be a blogger but don’t know how to go about it.
-Blogging is great especially if you are blogging about something you enjoy. Check out my E-book here on “How to kickstart and manage your blog like a boss”.
Last post: 5 Major Things To Consider Before Expansion Of Your Business…
Hope these responses are useful and will help you with any doubt. I might do a part 2 of this if I get more questions.
Thank you for reading and see you soon.
Any questions? Leave it down below…
Maryam. – @itsmaryamsalam